Spring 2016 Curly Hair Wash & Go | Styling Products

7:34:00 PM



The purpose of life is to live every moment.




Hey Curlie! I'm coming to you today with my Spring Wash and Go Styling routine. Yes, yes, spring is in the air and that means warmer weather and new beginnings! With the harsh winter weather behind us we can begin to use lighter products with our curls.

The winter months tend to give me dryer hair, so in essence I do welcome the more rainy, moisture in the air weather that spring brings. You may be thinking, "Girl, what is wrong with you? Moisture in the air equals frizzy hair!" Well, this can be true...however frizzy hair due to rain, humidity or any other type of moisture in the air is only caused when the curls don't have enough moisture in them. Hair yearns for moisture so when it lacks moisture, it will be drawn to it. Hence why the hair almost magnetizes itself to the environment and away from your head on those types of days.







The key is to maintain well moisturized hair throughout spring, and all year really. I like to go in with a really light leave-in after washing my hair. Again since the air is not so dry in the spring we can get away with products that aren't so heavy. One of my favorite leave-ins at the moment is TRUE by Made Beautiful's Nourishing Leave-In Conditioner. It has shea, honey, coconut and mango. And the smell is out of this world; it is so good! It takes me back to my roots...tropical, island girl!










I love using creams in my hair, but since I have fine textured tresses I've had to do quite  a bit of trial and error to find the perfect cream that doesn't weigh my hair down or cause product buildup. My all time favorite is probably Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie. However, I recently tried Cantu's Coconut Curling Cream and I am in love. I'm a big fan of anything coconut and I am especially loving the creamy, velvety texture this cream has. It's almost a mix between a regular cream and a whipped cream. Not as light as whipped but not as heavy as some other creams out there. If you haven't had much luck with creams for your hair, this one is definitely worth giving it a try.












And finally, I've been sealing the leave-in and cream with DevaCurl's B'Leave-In Curl Boost and Volumizer. And to me its the perfect, light gel product that gives great hold. In the dry winter months I like to use Shea Moisture's Curling Gel Souffle but for spring, it doesn't always work for my hair. The Gel Souffle has an oily, thick consistency, which is complete opposite from the DevaCurl B'Leave-In, which has a more watery based consistency.


Switching things up also helps my hair not get too used to a certain routine, giving my hair the ability to adapt to various environments.

I hope this was helpful and you consider giving these products a try! If so, let me know in the comments below how it works out for you!

<3 N



WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM/FIRSTCLASSCURLS
THE RESULTS!! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments