Wavy | Kinky | Curly | Naturals Unite!

9:21:00 PM

In a world filled with weaves, extensions, flat irons, curling irons....Naturals Unite! There is nothing more powerful than being YOU in all your natural, CURLY glory! I'm going on a journey and would like you to join me!


For the past 3 years, I've been chopping my hair off at any chance I could get. But this year I vow to put down the scissors and start my healthy, curly hair growth journey.

For about a year or so, I have been dedicated to babying the heck out of my hair. I mean deep conditioning, protective hairstyles, minimal heat, natural products, finger detangling, pineapples, etc...etc...the whole nine!

I'm really trying to learn as much about maintaining beautiful, healthy, curly hair as I can. I am leaning more and more each day. And now I will be tracking and documenting my hair growth. As I move through this I want to share what I learn with you! I already have folks asking me all the time and I am always happy to share! This just seems like a natural evolution to what I'm already doing!

I am really looking forward to sharing and interacting with other curly heads out there! Any suggestions are highly welcomed and truly appreciated. Nowadays the options for beautiful, healthy hair are endless, so let's explore!! ;)

Let's get en route to First Class Curls...who's with me?!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. So I have a few questions. Number one your curl patter is perfect so do you twirl it around you finger to help your hair make the pattern? Also I know you metioned you don't towel or t-shrt dry your hair. Do you scrunch it ever?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dianna, thanks for the questions! As far as my curl pattern, currently no I don't twirl it around my finger. When I'm adding styling products I've been using a method called "shingling" this helps give it that pattern. Although even if I don't shingle my hair, it has gotten super curly the healthier its gotten. In the past, when i first started focusing on the health of my hair, i would finger coil the end mainly to help them not get frizzy. But the shingling method has replaced that. As far as drying my hair, back when I wrote that post i was not doing either (towel or t-shirt drying). However, I found that because I was not removing the excess water with a fabric, it was taking forever for my hair to dry. So now I do use a t-shirt, but only after i have applied all my products. I find that applying products to wet (almost dripping) hair helps give the curls more definition. Once I've applied my products, I'll use a t-shirt to scrunch and squeeze the water out.

      Delete