3 Tips for Healthy Curly Hair Growth

8:33:00 PM

Ask yourself if what you are doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow…

Here are 3 things I've been doing differently the past few months that have helped me to retain healthy growing curls:




1. Finger detangling - I've been doing both finger detangling and wide tooth comb detangling for a while now but lately I've been focused on just finger detangling. It is more time consuming but trust me it's worth it. I'm seeing less breakage and less fall-out. And there's just something so powerful about using your bare hands to do something is pretty awesome!






2. Rinsing with cool water - When you have curly hair, retaining moisture is key to its overall health. Rinsing conditioner out with cool water helps to close your hair's cuticle. This will seal in the moisture you add with the water and conditioner you use to wash your hair. I love to shower in hot water so when it comes time to rinse, believe  me,  I am pushing my body as far away from the running water as possible!




3. No towel and no t-shirt drying- I don't use any type of fabric to remove excess water from my hair after washing it. The friction caused by a towel or even a smother fabric like an old t-shirt can cause unwanted frizz. Although using a t-shirt or micro-fiber towel is better than using a regular bath towel, simply squeezing the excess water out of the hair is going to produce less frizzy results.





I have been seeing some great results with how my hair looks lately and am hoping to continue with these 3 tips on my journey to long, healthy hair! Let me know if you try out these tips and if you see a difference in your hair in the comments below.



You Might Also Like

0 comments