Healthy Curly Hair Journey Motivation

6:46:00 PM

I’m on the hunt for who I’ve not yet become....

Reality check! I am a sucker for wanting instant results, as I'm sure most of you can relate. But anything worth having involves hard work, love, time and patience. Be it from finishing school, to building a bad ass career, to having/raising children or even yes, perfect “curly” hair...whatever the goal, dream or aspiration we cannot just wish things into existence (yes that's right *sigh). And honestly, would it even be worth having? Do we appreciate and love the things we don't work for? 

As I get older and wiser, all those so-called cliché quotes and sayings actually do make sense. The journey really is where it's at. 


We want it all, all right now, but trust me, it won't make you happy. What will make you happy is when you look back, reflecting on your journey and knowing you put in the time, work and love into making it happen.


One of my goals is to grow long, healthy, curly hair. And sometimes I feel like all the work I put into it results in...well...nothing. Looking in the mirror sometimes we don't see the progress, we tell ourselves "it’ll never happen" and we should just give up. We must learn to move away from this negativity. Because let's face it, we are our own worst critics. 


Fight....keep fighting those negative thoughts. 
Fight...keep fighting the adversities that arise. 
Fight....keep fighting to make your dreams, goals 
and aspirations your reality, your life, and ultimately….your journey. 


I hope you enjoyed this little bit of motivation.
Thanks for stopping by!
<3 N

You Might Also Like

0 comments