Wash and Go Styling Routine for Defined Curls

5:47:00 PM

Hey Curlies! I recently posted my 1st video to YouTube! Yes, First Class Curls is going motion pictures! In the video, I show how I style my wash and go during the winter to achieve defined curls. Because the cold can be very harsh and drying for my curls, I follow the routine outlined in the video to ensure my hair stays moisturized throughout the week.




Some key techniques to point out are:

1. I like to use the LOC Method when applying products. LOC stands for Leave-in, Oil and Cream. Then I like seal that LOC with a light gel. It may seem like a lot of products, however I make sure to use products that are light. The only product I typically have to worry about is the cream and I make sure to apply it with a light hand so that it doesn't weigh my hair down.

2. I also like to finger coil my ends. Now, I like to do this any time of the year, but especially in the winter. I feel like my curls stay moisturized for a longer time the more they are clumped together, and finger coiling helps keep them clumped. Since the ends tend to be the driest parts of my hair, this method really helps. Also, when the ends are finger coiled, there is less chance of frizz, tangles and fairy knots. I only finger coil the ends because I've found that finger coiling the entire length of the hair takes away from the volume I get as the days do by. I don't mind a little frizz and poof at the roots, just not at the ends!

Check out my routine and let me know what you think in the comments below!



Thanks for watching! See you next time, stay curly! :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments