3 Favorite Leave-In Conditioners for Curly Hair | First Class Curls

1:44:00 PM


Man oh man, do I love me some leave-in conditioners!! When you have curly hair, you live by this stuff! Leave-ins are key to helping your curls add and maintain moisture.

Finding the perfect leave-in can be a bit daunting considering the amount of brands out there nowadays.  I've tried quite a bit, but lately, as I continue on my healthy, curly hair journey, I tend to lean toward more natural products. In my quest, I've found 3 that I really love!

1. Eden Bodyworks All Natural Shea Leave in Conditioner - this product not only moisturizes but also has some hold. As you can see in the picture below, curls are super defined. It smells like coconuts and has a watery, smooth and sticky consistency.



2. True by Made Beautiful - you get very little to no hold with this one so it gives the hair nice and fluffy, shiny curls as pictured below. It smells amazing. It's very fruity and the smell lives up to its honey, mango and coconut ingredients. It has a more watery consistency than the Eden leave-in and is not as sticky.




3. Kinky Curly Knot Today - thicker consistency than the previous two, so you have to be careful with the amount you use, especially if you have low density and/or fine strands. It gives a little bit of hold, yet leaves the curls soft and manageable. It smells more sweet, almost candy-like.




I love the versatility of changing up my products to achieve the look I want with my hair. Although it's always fun to change things up, some products don't always work well with my hair. In my case, even though I live by Shea Moisture products, the Raw Shea Butter Extra-Moisture Detangler does not do well with my hair as a leave-in. On the flip side, my husband's hair loves it! It gives his curls great hold and shine.

Having curly hair doesn't have to be overwhelming. If you use something that doesn't work well with your hair, no need to re-wash your hair, just spritz away with a little water, and put it into a protective style! Check out an option below - 2 strand flat twist:



I hope you enjoyed my review on 3 of my favorite leave-in conditioners. Leave a comment below and let me know what your favorite curly hair leave-in conditioners are!

You Might Also Like

0 comments